Once you have decided to have your pregnancy terminated at home, you must prepare for certain things so that you will have a smooth abortive procedure. You may want to get ahead and start fast, but before you buy abortion pill, you must make sure to take a pregnancy which must be positive and make sure that your pregnancy’s gestation age is within 10 weeks.
Anyone preparing for any abortion pill procedure, must find if they are eligible for medical abortion, which involves checking if they don’t have heart/ liver/ kidney disease or if they are taking long term corticosteroids [ which can cause bad reaction with abortive medication] or are allergic to prostaglandin or anti-progesterones etc.
Things to do to have a Safe Abortion
It is recommended to eat lightly and keep drinking plenty of fluids before you take abortion pills Mifepristone and Misoprostol. Women can eat in smaller portions during the procedure if they can handle it. If you experience diarrhea or can’t keep everything down, not even liquids, for more than 4-5 hours, then you must contact for medical attention.
The bleeding will be heavier than your normal menstrual cycle. It may also not look like a regular period either, either like jelly or watery. You will bleed heavily for the first 4-5 hours where you will pass blood clots and tissues. The bleeding will continue for more than a week, but it will be light. If you have excessive bleeding you can take a blood coagulant, which you will find in the abortion kit itself if you buy abortion pill pack online.
Many women make a medical kit for themselves so that when they take the Misoprostol pills, they can take care of themselves. Here is the list of thing you need in this kit that could be used if any situation arises where you need to take of yourself physically.
- Written instructions, possibly from a healthcare professional
- Comfortable clothes, blankets and pillows
- Hot water bottle or heating pads
- A bunch of sanitary pads
- A phone with numbers to your emergency contacts
- Painkillers that are suitable for you
- Anti-emetic medication to fight of nausea
- Antibiotics prescribed by a doctor to prevent any kind of infection
- Thermometer [ just in case you experience chills/ fever]
- Energy drink/ Gatorade
- Light foods that you can handle without being nauseous like chocolates or snacks. You may even drink ginger ale or tea to calm your stomach
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated
Emotionally caring for yourself
As every woman’s experience will be unique, you may need these practical tips for self-care during pregnancy termination –
- Have a distraction with you
You will be waiting for a quite a while during the procedure therefore, it can be helpful if you have movie, TV shows or books for distraction. You can listen to comforting music, solve puzzles or even read magazines to distract yourself from the discomfort.
- Have a companion with you
You can also have a close friend or any company with yourself for support. Then can even take care of you in case you need help in anything during the procedure. For instance, cooking for you or looking after you if you have fever or nausea.